Margins on generated PDF are too wide

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
tibtec

Margins on generated PDF are too wide

Post by tibtec »

We are planning to use your converter to convert HTML to PDF files from a VB app.

We had tested the demo version 2.06 of the converter and wanted to upgrade to v2.10 now that we are nearly ready to deploy.

Upon testing the v2.10 demo version, I am finding that it is pushing our margins out too wide and is causing the document to overflow onto a subsequent page.

We are explicitely setting the margins in the HTML file before outputting to PDF using the converter and the margins appear fine in v2.06, so the problem is only evident in 2.10.

Do you have any resolutions or fixes for this problem, and have you indeed seen it before?

Please note that I have tried explicitely setting the margins for the PDF converter using sethorizontalmargin / setverticalmargin and setpapersize. none of these settings seem to have any effect on the output.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

After calling SetHorizontalMargin(), SetVerticalMargin() and SetPaperSize() please call SetDefaultConfig() for the new settings to take effect.

Concerning the margins, the default margins of the PDF Printer are 6 mm in all the versions of the driver.
Please check that you are using version 2.10b (the latest release) by downloading it from www.amyuni.com

Hope this helps.
tibtec

Already have done as you ask

Post by tibtec »

I am indeed calling SetDefaultConfig() after re-setting the margins, as your documentation recommended. Re-setting the margins in the manner recommended, and calling the SetDefaultConfig() after that, is having no effect.

I am also using v2.10b. This seems to be the PROBLEM. In v2.06 the margins are perfect. It is when using v2.10b that they seem to go all funny.

We have some vertical text on the page and some manual page breaks. Could either of these items be causing us grief? I doubt it as the margins are funny even if I take these items out of the HTML file before converting.

Any other thoughts?
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

Please send the html file you are trying to convert or a link to it, to our support department support@amyuni.com, they will check it and try to find out why you are getting different results while changing from version 2.06 to version 2.10b

Thanks.