Erro 216 when installing on Windows 2003 64bit

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
OysteinR

Erro 216 when installing on Windows 2003 64bit

Post by OysteinR »

We're trying to install the driver through our normal program installation but it fails. When we try to install it by running Install.exe we get this:

Windows 2000/XP Install
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Amyuni Document Converter
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Copying and registering ActiveX file
Error Code: 2
The system cannot find the file specified.
Installing printer driver
Error Code: 216
Unknown Error...
Installing printer
Error Code: 1797
The printer driver is unknown.
Printer setup failed
Error Code: 1797
The printer driver is unknown.

I've tried all I could find about the error 1797 but nothing helps.
I've checked:
- Permissions (am administrator)
- The path
- the registry
- for HP service
- Access to \system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\
- Deleted the driverfiles and reinstalled after reboot
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Are there any old version of CDIntf in the system directory (system32 under windows 2000, XP, ...)

There could be that a version of CDIntf is marked as read only in the system directory.

You can also check the following subdirectory under \system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\ to see if there are any driver filese there that can't be overwritten.