error code 41

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
rania1483

error code 41

Post by rania1483 »

Hello,
i installed the amyuni pdf printer on my computer, i am using it with a powerbuider application, when i try to generate a pdf with my application without administrative rights, i get error code 41. however when i log into my computer as an administrator and generate the pdf with my application it would work, so afterwards i login to windows without admnistrator rights and i use the pdf converter and it would work fine. Does anybody know what is error code 41.
icecoke

Re: error code 41

Post by icecoke »

rania1483 wrote:Does anybody know what is error code 41.
Get the same error under slighty different circumstances.

Is there a list of errors at all??

regards
icecoke
It's done, when it's done....
icecoke

found the answer.... ;)

Post by icecoke »

Ok, I found the answer after using some different 'search' type in this forum ;)

Hello,

Error 41 means that the activation code you are using is not for the version of the version of the driver you are installing.

If you are installing an evaluation version please copy and past the Licensee name and activation code from the file Install.ini that got copied to the same directory as the PDF Converter files.

Hope this helps.

So anyway, a list of errorcodes would be nice :)

icecoke
It's done, when it's done....
rania1483

error code 41

Post by rania1483 »

yep but the activation code that i pass is always the same and when i log as an administratorand generate a pdf, the goes away....
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello

You will find here a list of error codes: http://www.amyuni.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... rror+codes

Rania are you calling PDFDriverInit in your application?
rania1483

Erro code -41

Post by rania1483 »

i am having the same problem as Cedric, because i kept getting the error code until i logged with an administrator account and created a pdf from there, that was the only way to remove the error. i want to be able to install the pdf printer without having to log in as administrator to make it work???? are there any registries that get set the first time you use the pdf printer?????
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

To install the PDF Printer, or any other printer, you need to have administrative rights.

But to use that printer for the first time you don't need any administrative rights.

If you are still facing a problem please contact support@amyuni.com and our engineers will help you debugging this issue.

Hope this helps.