Amyuni and SMTP error codes

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
tr

Amyuni and SMTP error codes

Post by tr »

I am using the SendSmtpMail function and trying to capture the error code returned. I receive the code -15 for example, but this does not correspond to any SMTP specific error code I can find on the Internet. The error codes I can find on the Internet refer to 3 digit codes, e.g. 500 means "Syntax error, command unrecognized."

Does anyone know what the error codes returned from the SendSmtpMail function mean?

Thanks.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

Please find here the return values of the SendSmtpMail() function

Code: Select all

long WINAPI SendSmtpMail(LPCSTR szHostnszMessage, LPCSTR szFilenames)
FAILURE	11 Winsock version not found
		13 Error connecting to server
		14 Error communicating with server
		15 Recipient error
		16 Error sending the data
		17 Error while quitting
		20 Not enough resources
		22 Not authenticated
SUCCESS	0
Hope this helps.
tr

Post by tr »

Thanks Joan!
tr

Post by tr »

Thanks for the previous advice Joan. I am now wondering if you can help me with the error message. I am receiving code 15, which is recipient error. I do not get this when emailing internally (i.e. within my organisation) but only when I send to an external address?
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

You get ERR_RECIPIENT -15 when the recipient email address is not working on the server. Like recipient not found, email address wrong or mailbox deleted...
justintime

Re: Amyuni and SMTP error codes

Post by justintime »

I am getting a return code of 22 from SendSmtpMailEx() using version 4.5. I cannot find what this code means to troubleshoot the error. Are there other return codes that are less common not documented?
Devteam

Post by Devteam »

Error -15 is described in the list below as "You get ERR_RECIPIENT -15 when the recipient email address is not working on the server. Like recipient not found, email address wrong or mailbox deleted..."
Amyuni Development Team

Efficient and accurate conversion to PDF, XPS, PDF/A and more. Free trials at - https://www.amyuni.com
justintime

Post by justintime »

Your answer was about -15 and my question was about getting a 22 back from the sdk and what it could mean. Maybe I should have started another thread?
Devteam

Post by Devteam »

Sorry about that. I just updated this post to include the description of error -22: ERR_NOTAUTHENTICATED. The server is requesting authentication, you either did not supply any username/password or the information that you supplied was not recognized by the server.

Robert
Amyuni Development Team

Efficient and accurate conversion to PDF, XPS, PDF/A and more. Free trials at - https://www.amyuni.com