redirect printer to appli

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
n.godet

redirect printer to appli

Post by n.godet »

i'm working with the Amyuni PDF Converter (Evaluation Version Developer Pro).

When the printer is installed, it's impossible to print a document from the Print... command, a message appears:
Printer not activated, error code -xx
I wonder if it is possible to redirect or to launch my PDF Converter based application instead?

Thanks.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

The Developer version doesn't have a user interface and all settings including printing should be done programmatically from inside your application.

For more information on using the Developer version please check the Developers' manual "Common Driver Interface 250.pdf"

Hope this helps.
n.godet

Post by n.godet »

Ok, but in the commercial version, is it possible to change the error message in a more "diplomatic" one, e.g.: "You should launch my application to use this printer" ?
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

When printing to the Developer version from another application, a message stating that 'Printer is not ready' appear. This message is generated by Windows because printing fails.

From our side printing fails silently when printing to the Developer version from external applications.

If you think it would be nice to get an explicit message please send your suggestion to support@amyuni.com or post it to our Wish List forum. I can't confirm if generating a message by the printer when printing fails is a good idea or not, maybe other developers prefer how things are now.