Windows 2000

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
Steve Kollmorgen

Windows 2000

Post by Steve Kollmorgen »

Our application has been using PDF converter in an NT environment with out problems. Our user has re-imaged their machines with Windows 2000 and now they are unable to print to the pdf driver through our application. They can swap out the default printer and write a pdf file themselves but the program fails do it for them. I have XP and use the same install program as they to load the application and it works on my machine just fine.

They have loaded our application as an administrator so there is a permanent pdf driver set up. I have had them create some trace output and it indicates the file is not being created.

Any guess?
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hi,

Are your users getting any error while running your appliacation? If not, than most probably the directory where you are trying to create the pdf file was deleted from their system and you need to recreate it.

Please check the following:

1 - That all the needed files for Windows 2000 are available in the same folder as their application, maybe for any reason some of the files is missing. Please check 'Distribs.pdf' that you received with the product.

2 - That the directory where your application try to create the pdf file doesn't exist effectively on the system of your users. The PDF Converter will create a pdf file but will not create the folder where the pdf file should be created and stored.

Hope this helps.