Multi-byte Language support

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
bliths

Multi-byte Language support

Post by bliths »

In FAQ,

How to convert non-western characters using the PDF Converter? I am not able to convert international character sets, such as eastern European, Russian, Japanese, ... using the PDF Converter.

I can't see answer.

Please Answer the question.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

If you are using the End User version of the PDF Converter you add convert international character sets by checking the Multilanguage support option from the printer properties.

If you are using the Developer version of the PDF Converter you need to add the FontEmbedding and Multilanguage support options to your call of FileNameOptions. (Multilanguage = 128 and FontEmbedding = 16. For more details please check Appendix D of the manual 'Amyuni PDF Converter.pdf')

Finally, your question is about the PDF Converter, I will move it to the PDF Converter forum, please follow it up there.

Have a nice day !
sopel

Post by sopel »

I am also trying to enable multi-byte character support. I am using the developers edition of pdf converter v1.59a. I have set the FileNameOptions to NoPrompt + UseFileName + FontEmbedding + Multilanguage. But I still see garbage in the pdf file. What am I doing wrong?
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hi Sopel,

Multilanguage support is available starting version 2.0 of the PDF Converter.

Thanks.