PDFcreator won't run as standard user on xp professional

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
cardifftech

PDFcreator won't run as standard user on xp professional

Post by cardifftech »

Hi there,
I am using PDF creator on a few windows xp machines. It gives and error on one of our machines when trying to create a pdf.
the error description contains:

Error-Nr: 52 (bad file name or number)
modul: frmMain
Procedure: Form_Load
Line: 5200

I assume this is a permission error but I am not sure how to go about rectifying it

The application runs with admin rights on xp professional but not as a user and we do not give our standard users admin rights to their PC's

The program we installed was PDFCreator-0_8_0_AFPLGhostscript.exe

We would like to be able to use this to create pdf's from any application

I know there was a previous posting re the same error but it didn't appear to have a resolve

Anyone able to help please :?:
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

I will try to help you but I need some more information to be able to do so:

1) You are mentioning the PDF Creator, is it the PDF Creator or the PDF Converter that you are using?

2) You are mentioning "PDFCreator-0_8_0_AFPLGhostscript.exe", is this our product or another product that uses our components?

The Amyuni PDF Creator and Amyuni PDF Converter are two different products we have.

Please give me the exact product name you are using, some infomration on how you are using it and please tell me when precisely you are getting the error to be able to help you.

Also, if you have the link of the other post where this issue is raised please post it here.

Thanks.
cardifftech

Post by cardifftech »

Sorry - I'm unsure now whether it is your product - it is a freeware product called pdfcreator we are installing and on searching for the error message I came across the same one on your forum which also related to pdf conversion.

It's a moot point now as we have solved the problem - it appears that if the user logs of and back on after the failure it will actually work from that point on so the issue is fixed

Thanks for your help
Dany
Amyuni Team

Post by Dany »

PDFCreator-Ghostscript is not our product and does not use our components. We also do not use Ghostscript in our products.

Please get back to the developer of this product for technical support. Alternatively, you can try our products that do not have similar issues.