PDF File not created

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
RichLidd

PDF File not created

Post by RichLidd »

I have a situation where some workstations will not create a PDF file. I have hundreds of installations and only maybe a dozen have this problem - one of them happens to be my PC! I have four Amyuni drivers on my PC - not sure where 2.0.6 or 2.0.7 came from but they actually work. 2.0.8 is the version installed with my application and does not work and 2.10 (installed by Sage) does not.

I have seen three posts on this subject but none give a solution - other than re-install the OS! Has this issue now been resolved?
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

You definitely don't need to reinstall the OS.

If you send a more detailed description to our Technical Support on what is going on they will definitely be able to help you.

Please note that all the 2.0 versions use the same driver while the 2.10 version use another driver.
RichLidd

Post by RichLidd »

I don't think I am under support - that's why I used the forum. I have sent a request through to support as advised though.
JasonH

Post by JasonH »

We are having a similar problem and I have a machine in front of me that is doing this. What's the problem and how do I resolve?
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

There is no specific reason for this.

Please tell me how exactly you are specifying the output file name on this machine. Also please tell me which version of the PDF Converter and which OS you have installed.

Thanks
JasonH

Post by JasonH »

We are setting DefaultFileName to the full path and filename of our output file. DLL version of acfpdf.dll is 0.2.0.2108. OS is Windows XP pro.

I saw another thread here with the same problem and the guy mentioned having two FILE ports under his Amyuni printer properties. This machine also has two FILE ports if that means anything at all.

Hundreds of our clients have been using this with no problems.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Having different File Ports is not supposed to cause a conflict.

Please try however attach the PDF printer to the File port to see if you will get the save as dialog box when printing.

Thanks.
JasonH

Post by JasonH »

I tried printing a test page and I did get the dialog but I also got an error saying it could not print. The file was created, but it was corrupted (0kb in size) when I opened it in Adobe.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Jason,

Which version of the PDF Converter are you using? Did you try the latest 2.50e version?
JasonH

Post by JasonH »

We are using version 2.10 but I would rather not have to change it on the client's machine which is what I am using.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

I am not sure i can solve this issue in the forum, this is an issue that needs to be debuged thoroughly. I adivse you to contact our Technical Support Department at support@amyuni.com so they can debug this issue with you.

I will add here a demo activation code for an End User version. Try to activate the printer using this demo activation code and check if you will be able to print to the Printer drirectly from both Windows applications like Word and you own application and check if you will get output.

Licensee: Demo End User Pro
Activation Code: 07EFCDAB01000100BF8AB2C362C47974AFB7789DF1C932EB40EABC463CD7843EFFD71A0467F96EEAA28B40F2C38F97BE4F4DE152F633403577C43E06479EF422DA1B7DEBAB10A639EE60F7BB9D5A