Developer demo printer doesn't work

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
carlopug

Developer demo printer doesn't work

Post by carlopug »

Hi!

I'm a VB6 developer and I use the developer pro demo version.

When I try to print the demo page of AmyUni PDF Converter printer (from the printers control panel folder) I get an error.

The same error comes out when I run the VB demo and I try to print demo page of the on-the-fly created printer (with PDFDriverInit method).

What can I do to test demo ?

Thanks in advace,
Carlo Puglisi
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hi,

The developer version of the PDF Converter will enable you to print pdf to the PDF Printer only from inside your application (VB by example).

I am not sure what is the problem you are getting when printing from VB. you can send details about the issue you are facing to our support@amyuni.com and you can check:
- Appendix C of our users' manual 'Amyuni PDF Converter.pdf' fore more information about installing the Developer version.
- The Developers' manual 'Common Driver Interface.pdf'.
- And any of our technical notes available @ http://www.amyuni.com/en/support/technotes.html that contain samples on using the PDF Converter from inside applications.

Finally, please note that the Developer version of the driver will not enable you to print a test page from the Printer Properties.

Hope this helps.

Have a nice weekend.
carlopug

Post by carlopug »

Hi,

printing from inside application does work properly!
Thank you for your reply.

Another question:

I would to capture WM_* messages from the printer driver so I will be adviced when an application print with the Amyuni PDF printer.
What can i do?

When new 2.1 version come out?
2.1 is a free upgrade of 2.08?

Carlo Puglisi
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

I am not sure when precisely version 2.1 will be released.

It is a free upgrade to version 2.08 if you are within the free upgrade period or if you have a maintenance plan.

To capture the messages generated by the driver please check our Developers' manual 'Common Driver Interface.pdf'. If you wish more details please send an e-mail to support@amyuni.com so they can send you a sample showing how to capture messages generated by the Amyuni PDF Printer.

Hope this helps.
kconner

Post by kconner »

FYI, it is possible to print a test page with the developer version, create a vb project that supplies the file name and directory and initializes the printer, while the app is running, open up the properties sheet and print. Same works for printing from an outside app to the driver.