"Protection of the document failed" Error

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
cmorant

"Protection of the document failed" Error

Post by cmorant »

Hi,

I get this strange error : "La protection du document a échoué" which means in english "Protection of the document failed".

I'd like to know a little more about this error...

Where does it come from, what did I do wrong ?

Did anybody got that ?

Could you help ?

Thanks

Christian
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

You get this error in general if you are trying to Encrypt a pdf file and the Enctyption failed.

Encryption is available in the Professional version of the driver.

Hope this helps 8)
cmorant

Post by cmorant »

Hi,
Joan wrote:You get this error in general if you are trying to Encrypt a pdf file and the Enctyption failed.
MMMMMMhhhhhh... Didn't think of that one...
Joan wrote:Encryption is available in the Professional version of the driver.

Which I happen to have bought for that very purpose : encrypt PDF files.
Joan wrote:Hope this helps 8)
No, it does'nt.

OK, now we bought your product hoping to get version 2.1 as promised for december.
Now I see that it MIGHT be ready for march... After the end of our "free upgrade" period. In the meantime I can't encrypt anymore. So I'm searching the documentation and I can't find any information about CDINF dll api's error codes.

Could you please do a little more and help me finding what is NOT going on ?

Could you please tell me when version 2.1 will be ready ?

Thank you in advance.

Christian Morant
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello Christian,

As I understand, you are trying to use the Encrypt function from the DLL interface, right?

You can encrypt a pdf file from the DLL interface after it is generated. To do this please use the new function "EncryptPDFDocument()".

Function prototype:
BOOL WINAPI EncryptPDFDocument( LPCTSTR FileName, LPCTSTR Owner, LPCTSTR User, DWORD Permissions );
I don't have the specific release date of version 2.1, this was delayed due to testing and fine tunings, but we may have a pre-release before March.

If this didn't help, please send the code you are using to encrypt the pdf file to our support support@amyuni.com so they can check it furthermore and see what is not going on.

Thanks.
cmorant

Post by cmorant »

Joan wrote:Hello Christian,
Hello joan,

Sorry about being a little harsh but your first answer was little "light".
Joan wrote:As I understand, you are trying to use the Encrypt function from the DLL interface, right?
Right.
Joan wrote: You can encrypt a pdf file from the DLL interface after it is generated. To do this please use the new function "EncryptPDFDocument()".

Function prototype:
BOOL WINAPI EncryptPDFDocument( LPCTSTR FileName, LPCTSTR Owner, LPCTSTR User, DWORD Permissions );
I don't have the specific release date of version 2.1, this was delayed due to testing and fine tunings, but we may have a pre-release before March.

If this didn't help, please send the code you are using to encrypt the pdf file to our support support@amyuni.com so they can check it furthermore and see what is not going on.

Thanks.
Thank you

Christian
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Christian,

The forum is more for our customers / developers to share their experience, the code they use to interact with the PDF Converter, ect, so other developers using newly the products can profit from existing information.

Because the information submitted in a thread is sometimes not enough to solve a technical issue or give the accurate information, my reply could be light; or general and I ask the user to send details to support@amyuni.com so they can check his/her request more closely and give more accurate information.

I hope my above reply helped.

Have a very nice weekend 8) !