Font Embedding using PDF Convertor 2.08

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
tmurphy

Font Embedding using PDF Convertor 2.08

Post by tmurphy »

:?:
I'm trying to use the PDF Convertor Developer version 2.08 to embed fonts in the PDF document. The documentation that is included in the installation is out of date and not complete so it does not answer my questions.

First, the documentation doesn't say anything about the FileNameOptionsEx (long value) property of the activeX interface. They briefly talk about the FileNameOptions property only, which does not work with all options since its an integer value. This was easy enough to figure out but should be in the documentation.

Now for my questions:

If you specify to embed 'source' fonts and 'licensed' fonts, does this only embed fonts used in the document or do other licensed fonts get embedded also?

Are both options required to embed all needed fonts?

Also, do the FileNameOptionsEx values need to be hex or decimal?

Now for my problems:

Whether I used both options or not, I'm having trouble getting a licensed font (ZapfDingbats) to print in the document. I've purchased the font and have it installed, so that is not the problem. Printing in this font does not print anything and the page is blank.

If I specify to embed the fonts, the file size increased which leads me to believe that the fonts are getting embedded properly. Also, if I look at the document properties (File\Document Properties\Fonts) the fonts used in the document are displayed as expected.

Does anyone have an idea what the problem is?

Thanks,
Tom
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

The documentation is currently being updated.

Maybe FileNameOptionsEx is the only function that is not documented in the user manuel.

To Embed fonts you can choose between partial font Embedding, Standard Font Embedding, Full Font Embedding and licensed Font Embedding (you call use all of the or any of them). For more details please check Appendix D of the user manual 'Amyuni PDF Converter'.

I am not sure what you mean by 'source' embedding but litteraly we don't have a source embedding option, maybe you are referencing another option.

FileNameOptionsEx values needs to be decimal.

Concerning the problem you are having, if this persists after using the latest version 2.08 of the PDF Converter and using Licensed Font Embedding, please send this font to our support support@amyuni.com along with some details about how you are generating the pdf file along with the pdf file generated by our driver.

Have a nice day !