generating PDF under winXP is very slow

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
djmatti

generating PDF under winXP is very slow

Post by djmatti »

Hi every one,

I have hoped that the new versions of the PDF convertor would resolve this problem but it seems not:

I generate PDF from PowerBuilder. On every windows, the PDF generation is quite fast. But on winXP, it takes about 5 seconds before generating a PDF.

I've tried to install the pdf printer before (and use the DriverInit function instead of PDFDriverInit) and it doesn't change anything.

I tried with the last demo ans the problme isn't fixed apparently.

I use the dll interface (cdintf)

Any known issue ?

NB: winXP is about to be THE standard so if there is no solution, I wouls have to migrate to an other PDF solution

Thanks in advance
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

Installing a printer in Windows XP is a little bit time consuming in some systems.

Installing the PDF Printer on the system using Install.exe and calling DriverInit once when launching your application and not each time you print will make the printing process faster.

Also please reboot your system after installing the new version to be sure that the new driver is in use.

If you are still facing problems whith the time needed to generate the pdf file under XP, please send an e-mail to support@amyuni.com with some details about your application so they can check this and try to reproduce this issue.

Thanks.