PDF -> PDF conversions...

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
Houdini91

PDF -> PDF conversions...

Post by Houdini91 »

I know that Amyuni cannot easily convert a previous PDF to a PDF. When printing a PDF to your converter through Acrobat, for example, there are font and margin problems.

I was hoping there was a way to automatically skip the conversion process for files that are already PDF's. You guys obviously receive the filename of the document being printed, because your converted PDF has the same name...

But, now that I think about it, it wouldn't matter. You wouldn't be sent the full path of the file, and the printer driver probably isn't sent the actual PDF format. Instead, it's probably sent the GDI representation of the PDF data, right?

If that's true, I guess there wouldn't be a way to automatically skip the conversion process on PDF's...
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hi,

Why do you want to print the PDF file to our PDF Printer if you want to skip the conversion?

Please check the Font Embeddin options (Partial , Standard Font Embedding) before printing the pdf file to the PDF Converter, this will give you better results 8).
Houdini91

Post by Houdini91 »

Joan, thanks for your reply.

I can't get into the details of what our application does, but users would print documents to the PDF printer which our application would then automatically use. It would be a bit confusing to have one way for users to send PDFs to our application, and a different way for all other docs. Besides that, your viewer cannot read some PDF's, but it will if we first convert it using your PDF printer driver. :roll:

Anyways, yes, the font issues seem to have disappeared when embedding the fonts. Thanks for the tip!

Our last problem, then, is the top and left margins increase when printing a PDF to your PDF printer drivers (2.08). You can test this out yourself by printing your Amyuni PDF Creator.PDF file to your driver and comparing the margins of the two.

Is there anyway you guys can take a look at this bug?
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

The current version of the PDF Creator may not apen all pdf files generated by other drivers. This is why you are facing problems. We are currently working on letting the PDF Creator open a wider range of pdf files, so this problem my be solved with later versions.

Concerning the margins issue, thanks for infoming us about it, but this can not be confirmed as a bug and followed up here. Please send an e-mail to support@amyuni.com with the needed details to reproduce this issue.

Thanks.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

Houdini91 said:

Our last problem, then, is the top and left margins increase when printing a PDF to your PDF printer drivers (2.0. You can test this out yourself by printing your Amyuni PDF Creator.PDF file to your driver and comparing the margins of the two
After checking with our Technical Support, it appears that this is not a bug, it is rather how Acrobat Reader works. Here is the reply of our Tech Support:
The situation you are encountering is a known issue and is related to the way Adobe Reader interacts with printers. The Adobe Reader will always print a document with a slight offset. When printing a PDF document to a hardware printer, this issue will also arise. It is difficult to compare screen output to paper, this reason these differences remain unnoticeable.
I am adding this information here for further reference in case any of the users will face a similar issue in the future.

Have a nice day 8)