Conflict between PDF Converter 2.10i and HP laserjet 3150

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
Robert

Conflict between PDF Converter 2.10i and HP laserjet 3150

Post by Robert »

Hello,

We've been experiencing conflict problems when we install AmyUni PDF Converter 2.10i on machines that have an HP LaserJet 3150 printer.

We use the install.exe supplied with AmyUni PDF Converter to define a printer named "IAG PDF Printer". The install works fine and defines the printer which uses the LPT1 port. The HP LaserJet 3150 printer uses the LPT1 port also.

In this scenario our applications fail when trying to generate a report using the "IAG PDF Printer". If I change the port that "IAG PDF printer" uses to, let's say, LPT2 then my applications work.

Is there a known conflict between AmyUni and the HP printer when they use the same port ?

Is there a way to tell install.exe to use another port (LPT2) instead of using the first available port ?

Thanks.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

To install the printer on a specific port you can run:
Install -o "Port:"

For the conflict question please contact our Technical Support team at support@amyuni.com they deal with customer requests and may be able to confirm or not wethere there is any conflict with the HP 3150.

Thanks