PDF converter on Windows XP + VFP

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
marziodebiasi

PDF converter on Windows XP + VFP

Post by marziodebiasi »

Hi,
I'm using PDF Converter v1.53 (Developer version) with a program written in VFP 6 sp 5.
It works on many Win98, Win2000 Server and XP Professional clients, but on some clients (win2000 server and XP pro) it doesn't work.
The clients seem to be configurted like the others (and I use the administrator account).
I use the following 3 lines VFP program to test them:

DECLARE LONG PDFDriverInit in cdintf.dll STRING @ szPrinter
a=PDFDriverInit("test")
?a

On the "good" clients ?a prints NNNNN, on the "bad" clients ?a prints 0 (zero).

Please HELP ME!!!

Thank you in advance,
Marzio De Biasi - M.C.E. Elettronica

P.S. library versions:
ACFPDF153.DRV
ACPDF153.DLL
PDFUI153.DLL
CDINTF.DLL -> 1.53
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

On the machines where PDFDriverInit is returning 0, please check that you are logging in as an Administrator and not as a user.

Under Windows NT / 2000 and XP only administrators have the right to install a printer on the sysetm, so PDFDriverInit will fail if called by a non administrator.

Hope this helps.
marziodebiasi

Post by marziodebiasi »

Joan wrote:Hello,

On the machines where PDFDriverInit is returning 0, please check that you are logging in as an Administrator and not as a user.

Under Windows NT / 2000 and XP only administrators have the right to install a printer on the sysetm, so PDFDriverInit will fail if called by a non administrator.

Hope this helps.
... I tried it, but didn't solve the problem :( ... other suggestions?

P.S. i tried with

DECLARE LONG PDFDriverInit in cdintf.dll STRING @ szPrinter
DECLARE STRING GetLastErrorMsg in cdintf.dll
a=PDFDriverInit("test")
s=GetLastErrorMsg()
?s

but got an "Invalid operation" error from XP (on s = ... instruction)
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Well... I have another suggestion and I believe it will be helpful... Please upgrade your current version of the PDF Converter.

Version 1.53 that you are using is a little bit old. When this version was released there was no Windows XP.

You may download a demo of our latest release from: http://www.amyuni.com/en/products/pdf_c ... /demo.html

You may upgrade your license online by clicking on: http://www.amyuni.com/en/buy/index.php
Just check that you are requesting either the version of the driver that runs on Windows 2000 / XP or the multiplatform one.

Hope this helps 8)
Last edited by Joan on Tue Jan 14 2003, edited 1 time in total.
marziodebiasi

Post by marziodebiasi »

Joan wrote:Well... I have another suggestion and I believe it will be helpful... Please upgrade your current version of the PDF Converter.
Version 1.53 that you are using is a little bit old. When this version was released there was no Windows XP.
Hope this helps 8)
OK,
Thank you.

Marzio De Biasi