PDF Converter and Windows 2003

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
Tina499

PDF Converter and Windows 2003

Post by Tina499 »

Dear Group,

actual we have a Developer Version 2.06.

On Windows 98 ... XP all works fine.

Now we need a installation an Citrix Metaframe 3 on Windows 2003 Server.

On Windows 2003 you are not able to install a Windows NT 4.0 Kernel driver - and the PDF Converter is one (you can see in the Printer folder -> Server Properties -> Driver -> Verison is Windows NT 4.0 or 2000)

I also tried with the Test version 2.1 -> it's the same.

When will Amyuni make available a driver for Widows server 2003 ?

thanks
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

Version 2.08 and above support Widows 2003.

Version 2.10 should install properly.

Please try to completely remove version 2.06 and than install the new version, this should work.

What is the problem, if any, you are getting when installing 2.10?
Eric W

Post by Eric W »

You can install a kernel mode driver in windows 2003 but you must have the group policy enabled for local policy.

Not quite sure where it is but I'll let you search for that policy somewhere under computer configuration
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

You are right, the security policy that is preventing the installation of version 2.06 is "Enable installation of Kernel mode printer drivers" in the local security policy. This needs to be set to ON to install version 2.06 under XP Server or Windows Server 2003. An alternative is to upgrade to 2.1 which has an additional user-mode printer driver that overcomes this issue.
SUSAN RAYSHELL

Post by SUSAN RAYSHELL »

I can't find "Enable installation of Kernel mode printer drivers" in the local security policy of my Windows Server 2003 server. Is it called something else on Windows Server 2003?
Susan R.
Jose
Amyuni Team

Post by Jose »

Hello,

You can turn on the use of NT printer drivers by opening a group policy for your computer. This can be done by the following steps.

From the task bar click on:
Start=> Run=> mmc
In the resulting Dialog box click on:
File=> Add/Remove Snapin => Add=>Group Policy Object Editor => Add => Local Computer=> Finish=> Close=>OK , Next back in MMC, select Computer Configuration=>Administrative Templates=> Printers=> double-click on "Disallow installation of printers using kernel-mode drivers". In the resulting dialog select the Disable radio button and click ok. Save the Console1.msc file and exit.

Hope this helps?