How do I convert non-western characters ...

This is a read only forum. It contains the most frequently asked questions about Amyuni products and licensing.
Dany
Amyuni Team

How do I convert non-western characters ...

Post by Dany »

using the PDF Converter? I am not able to convert international character sets, such as Eastern-European, Russian and Japanese for example, using the PDF Converter.

End-user:
To be able to print out non-western characters you will need to enable "Multi-language support". This can be done by selecting the "Amyuni PDF Converter" printer in your Printers’ folder and right-clicking. Depending on your operating system, you will have either the option "Printing Preferences" in win2000 or "Properties" in win9x to select. In the resulting "Amyuni PDF Converter' dialog box select the Advanced Options tab. There you will check Multi-language support checkbox.

Developer:
If you are using the developer version, you can add "Multi-language support" through code.

Const MultilingualSupport = &H80
Const FontEmbedding = &H10
pdf.FileNameOptions = NoPrompt + UseFileName + MultilingualSupport + FontEmbedding

To fully activate Multi-language support, you also need to add option 16 (16 = 10 Hex = Font Embedding) to the call to SetFileNameOptions. Option 128 (128 = 80 Hex = Multilanguage support) alone will not embed the fonts.