My application is deployed on NT/2000 systems ...

This is a read only forum. It contains the most frequently asked questions about Amyuni products and licensing.
Dany
Amyuni Team

My application is deployed on NT/2000 systems ...

Post by Dany »

where users do not have permission to add / remove a printer. How can I use these products under this configuration?

To use the Amyuni Converters in situations where users do not have enough rights to add or remove a printer, the printer needs to be installed in these systems by an administrator at the same time as the application is installed or at some later stage. To install the printer, you can use one of two methods:

1- In your application’s install procedure, call PDFDriverInit( “MyCompany PDF Export” ) or any other xxxDriverInit function. If you are using the ActiveX interface, the printer will be removed as soon as you exit the install application, to avoid this call DriverInit(“MyCompany PDF Export” ) immediately after PDFDriverInit( “MyCompany PDF Export” ).

2 - Use the install utility while logged in as an administrator. You can specify a printer name by using (install “MyCompany PDF Export”). You can also avoid the display of any dialog box by activating silent mode with the /s switch.

Your application’s code does not need to be changed under this situation.