Issues with PDF Creator for Silverlight

The PDF Creator .NET Library enables you to create secure PDF documents on the fly and to view, print and process existing PDF documents. If you have any questions about PDF Creator .Net, please post them here.
cthomson

Issues with PDF Creator for Silverlight

Post by cthomson »

Hi there,

I've downloaded a trial version of PDF Creator and PDF for Silverlight. I'm currently trying to use the server side code in a webservice.

I can successfully load a pdf to the creator object and optmise but when trying to access the underlying XAML attribute it returns null.

Code example as follows:

====================================
acPDFCreatorLib.Initialize()

Dim acpdf As New Amyuni.PDFCreator.IacDocument()

acpdf.SetLicenseKey("Amyuni PDF Creator .NET Evaluation", "07EFCDAB...F3D7B1B")

Dim fln As New FileStream(Server.MapPath("mypdf.pdf"), FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read)
acpdf.OpenEx(fln, "")

acpdf.Attribute("PageSequenceStr").Value = ""
acpdf.OptimizeDocument(1)

Dim o = acpdf.Attribute("XAML").Value // Returns null
============================================

Is the trial version limited in that pdf creator will not return the compressed XAML? Or am I missing something...

Any help would be appreciated.
Jose
Amyuni Team

Re: Issues with PDF Creator for Silverlight

Post by Jose »

Hello,

The issue you are encountering is being caused because the “License to” and “Activation Code” values are incorrect or commented out.
Below are evaluation values that you can use.

//var b = acpdf.SetLicenseKey("Silverlight Evaluation", "07EFCDAB...8E7E085619");
acpdf.SetLicenseKey("Silverlight Evaluation", "07EFCDAB01000100D4F1764524E1760C4B8D6F736CDACF64D61974D59D46C422156936E39CB79AE221B5E13C3FD42F20B663D4B58FC1");

Thanks
Get PDF Suite, the expert .NET developer toolkit for PDF conversion, creation and editing - www.amyuni.com/pdfsuite