Error Printing Rotated Document (images dont rotate fully)

The PDF Creator .NET Library enables you to create secure PDF documents on the fly and to view, print and process existing PDF documents. If you have any questions about PDF Creator .Net, please post them here.
Goldcircle

Error Printing Rotated Document (images dont rotate fully)

Post by Goldcircle »

I have been communicating on this issue by Email, but I thought it would be better to have clear record of the issue to help with resolution.

Using PDF Creator .NET 4.0, we do the following steps:

1. Open existing PDF
2. Rotate PDF (pdfCreator1.Document.RotatePage(1, Amyuni.PDFCreator.IacRotatePageOption.acRotatePageFull);)
3. Print PDF (using pdfCreator1.Document.Print("", false);)

The problem is that after step 3 the PDF is printed with the text rotated correctly, but images in PDF are rotated incorrectly. In some cases some of the images rotate fine, and other images in the same PDF rotate only 90 degrees instead of 180 degrees.

I have tested these functions in the Amyuni Test App (graphical UI ) and it does print correctly there. However, unfortunately when we use the same functions in code only (without the UI) the image rotation is incorrect.

Now, after step 2 above (rotate) if we save PDF and open it with Acrobat Reader the rotate of images is correct.

Even in the Amyuni Test app, if we rotate two times using this method twice (instead of acRotatePageFull) // pdfCreator1.Document.RotatePage(1, Amyuni.PDFCreator.IacRotatePageOption.acRotatePageLeft); the problem occurs also in the Test App.

So it seems clear there is some defect in the rotate or print methods, but we are not sure exactly what it is.

Also we understand that we can use the // pdfCreator1.Document.AttributeByName("PrintAsImage").Value = true; to solve the rotation issue, we believe this creates an poor image quality in the PDF document and is therefore not acceptable.

Please if you can fix this problem, we would be most appreciative.

Regards.
Goldcircle

Re: Error Printing Rotated Document (images dont rotate fully)

Post by Goldcircle »

This issue has been resolved by Amyuni support. Thanks.