Attaching to events

The PDF Creator .NET Library enables you to create secure PDF documents on the fly and to view, print and process existing PDF documents. If you have any questions about PDF Creator .Net, please post them here.
Gabhan

Attaching to events

Post by Gabhan »

I am using Visual Studio 2008 (c#) on Vista SP1 PC. When I drop a Amyuni.PDFCreator.PDFCreator object onto my Windows Forms app, and hook up the pdfCreator1_FireMouseDown event, it never fires. I have tried manually attaching the event, or using the IDE to create the event, but no code I put in the event ever fires.

What I am using the component to do, is read the text from a region of the PDF page highlighted by the user. To do this I need to capture the mouse events to know where the user is highlighting. I can then parse the text on the PDF to return the text in the highlighted region.

Unless anyone else has any ideas on how I can do this. The ActiveX version of the control seems to capture the mouse events, but I would prefer to use the .Net one.
Jose
Amyuni Team

Re: Attaching to events

Post by Jose »

Hello,

It seems that there was an issue that happens when the host application was/is built using VS 2008.

We have resolved this issue and we will be updating the DLLs on our website in the next few days.

Thanks
Get PDF Suite, the expert .NET developer toolkit for PDF conversion, creation and editing - www.amyuni.com/pdfsuite
Gabhan

Re: Attaching to events

Post by Gabhan »

Tested the new version and it worked perfectly for me.

Many thanks for the prompt response and updates.

Regards,

Gabhan O'Loughlin
Input Systems