save without edit forms

The PDF Creator .NET Library enables you to create secure PDF documents on the fly and to view, print and process existing PDF documents. If you have any questions about PDF Creator .Net, please post them here.
lewisv

save without edit forms

Post by lewisv »

I have a pdf form that allows the user to edit form fields.
I am allowing the user to edit these fields in my application. I then want to save the pdf file, but the file should be flattened, basically i want the data the user entered to be on the form, but from then on the pdf file should be un-editable.

How do i do this?
Jose
Amyuni Team

Re: save without edit forms

Post by Jose »

Hello,

You can use the LockAllObjects method.

The LockAllObjects method is used to lock/unlock all objects on the current page. Locking an object prevents it from being selected and therefore visually edited

Below is a link to our online help where you can find a code snippet on how to implement this method.
http://www.amyuni.com/WebHelp/Amyuni_PD ... Method.htm

Hope this helps?
Get PDF Suite, the expert .NET developer toolkit for PDF conversion, creation and editing - www.amyuni.com/pdfsuite
lewisv

Post by lewisv »

Is this function in the PDFCreator object. I can not find it.

Also does this lock fields for all edits, i want to make sure someone can not edit the document even if they open the document in the standard adobe pdf viewer?
Jose
Amyuni Team

Post by Jose »

Hello,

Please make sure that you are using the Amyuni PDF Creator product and not the Amyuni PDF Converter print driver. That method is not exposed in the PDF Converter.

Hope this helps?
Get PDF Suite, the expert .NET developer toolkit for PDF conversion, creation and editing - www.amyuni.com/pdfsuite