Missing fonts?

The PDF Creator .NET Library enables you to create secure PDF documents on the fly and to view, print and process existing PDF documents. If you have any questions about PDF Creator .Net, please post them here.
timmed

Missing fonts?

Post by timmed »

I am using PDF Creator .Net to open an existing PDF, add a text object, and then save. It all works fine, except that in 1 section of the modified document the fonts appears as blocks. The section that changes to blocks has nothing to do with my new text object, it's in a completely different section of the document.

I commented my code out as a test, and the mere act of opening and saving the document creates the same problem. My guess is that maybe the font was missing on the server. However it is Microsoft Sans Serif and I have verified that it is available.

Has anyone seen this happen? THanks

Sample code:

m_doc.Open(FS, "")
m_doc.ReportState = PDFCreator.IacReportState.acReportStateDesign

m_wm = m_doc.GetPage(1).CreateObject(acObjectTypeText, "stamp")

m_wm.AttributeByName("Text").Value = "Hello World"
m_wm.AttributeByName("Left").Value = 200
m_wm.AttributeByName("Top").Value = 600
m_wm.AttributeByName("Right").Value = 2000
m_wm.AttributeByName("Bottom").Value = 800
m_wm.AttributeByName("TextColor").Value = "808080"

m_doc.Save(FS2, acFileSaveView)
wKoch

Post by wKoch »

Hello,

I have the same situation with the blocks after saving the PDF document.

In addition I have experienced similar problems during filling a PDF form. The symbol which is filled in a checkbox after clicking it with the mouse is not a cross, but a small mouse symbol.

Software: PDF Creator Evaluation, Build 3.0.2735.26235 (acPDFCreator.NET.dll).

Is there somebody who can help? It is a serious point would prevent us from using the library in our solution.

Greetings from Germany
Wolfgang Koch
David
Amyuni Team

Post by David »

Hello

Can you please send to our support the sample documents where you are encountering this issue (before and after modification).

This will enable us to look further into this issue.

Thanks
David