Problems on a Windows 2000 machine

The PDF Creator .NET Library enables you to create secure PDF documents on the fly and to view, print and process existing PDF documents. If you have any questions about PDF Creator .Net, please post them here.
palehorse

Problems on a Windows 2000 machine

Post by palehorse »

Hello all,

We are currently evaluating PDF Creator .NET for a Windows Forms based project and, as is usually the case, are in a bit of a time crunch. We have been successful using PDF Creator to send some pre generated documents directly to the printer on Windows XP on a dev machine and an XP workstation. Trying to do it on a Windows 2000 workstation has produced some problems. We get the message:

The specified module culd not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

In both workstation instances (XP and 2000) it was simply a matter of an xcopy installing (no installer). Is there some other file that need to be distributed, or some component that must be included for Windows 2000 to work?

Please help, this is very time sensitive.

Thank you in advanced
-Joel
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

The installation process under 2000 and XP is similar.

You only need to make sure the dlls are registered under 2000 using Regsvr32.

If you are still facing problems and you need quick help please feel free to contact support@amyuni.com our Technical Support Team may help you. We provide technical support for customers evaluating our products.

Hope this helps.
palehorse

Post by palehorse »

Joan, thank you for the reply. I did get in touch with tech support and found them to be very helpful. It turns out that I missed the requirement that the Visual C++ 2005 runtime libraries had to be installed on the client machine. I was sent a link to the redistributable download, installed it and everything worked great.

Thanks again!
-Joel