Printing multiple pages on one sheet - letters overlapping

The PDF Creator .NET Library enables you to create secure PDF documents on the fly and to view, print and process existing PDF documents. If you have any questions about PDF Creator .Net, please post them here.
Mikko

Printing multiple pages on one sheet - letters overlapping

Post by Mikko »

Hi,

I am trying to print two (portrait) pages in one sheet. The sheet would be landscape and layout would be:

---------------------------------
| | |
| | |
| page 1 | page 2 |
| | |
| | |
| | |
---------------------------------

I haven't found any information how to set printing orientation for sheet (printing setting not pdf page setting). If I set pdf's pages' orientation to landscape and setup printing two pages per sheet: printout's layout is correct but letters are overlapping eachother. It seems like page scaling does not work.

Here is my code what I have tried:

' //
'
PDF = New System.IO.FileStream("pdf.pdf", IO.FileMode.Open)

If cPDF.Open(PDF, "") Then
cPDF.Attribute("xPagesPerSheet").Value = 2
cPDF.Attribute("yPagesPerSheet").Value = 1
For i = 1 To cPDF.PageCount cPDF.GetPage(i).AttributeByName("Landscape").Value = True
Next
cPDF.Print("", False)
End If
PDF.Close
'
' //

Could someone please direct me in right direction?

Thanks in advance
Mikko
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

Currently, you can do this if you are printing only from Word, in the next version of the PDF Converter we will add the option to print each two pages of your document on one page.

When checking your code i noticed that you are printing from the PDF Creator to a physical printer, I am sure printing 2 pages on 1 can be done by adjusting the settings of the printer, but i am not sure if this can be done programmatically using the Creator controld for information please contact support@amyuni.com

Hope this helps.