Problems with namespaces and the demo PDFCreatorNET

The PDF Creator .NET Library enables you to create secure PDF documents on the fly and to view, print and process existing PDF documents. If you have any questions about PDF Creator .Net, please post them here.
Roberto

Problems with namespaces and the demo PDFCreatorNET

Post by Roberto »

I have download the demo version of PDFCreatorNET and tried to create a few tests.

I have found a strange organization of namespace in the acPDFCreatorLib.Net.dll assembly.
When i add a referenge in my proyects to this dll, i have a huge amount of structures added to my namespace tree.

The only namespace really needed is Amyuni.PDFCreator i supose, the rest are weird things like a, a1, a2 , a3, b1, b2, b3, c1, c2, c3, d1, d2...

The real problem cames when i try to use other componets form other vendors that use for example the C1 namespace. This creates an ambiguous imports problems in my proyect.

Its normal that the acPDFCreatorLib.Net.dll assembly exposes thats structures in the root namespaces tree?
I am using version 2.0.2155.19675 of acPDFCreatorLib.Net.dll

thx
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

I didn't notice this issue using the latest version 2.0g of the PDF Creator .Net. Please download the latest release and try it.

Hope this helps.
Roberto

Post by Roberto »

I have try to download again the component from your website but its the same version that i already have 2.0.2155.19675 (the file version reads as 2.0e-4).

Where i can find a demo version of this 2.0g version??

One more thing, i have notice big wait times when i load PDF files into the viewer or save modified files. This PDF files are really small and load perfectly well in acrobat reader, but with this library it takes too long to load files and too much procesor time.

thanks for all.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Version 2.0g of PDF Creator.Net seems to be still under testing.

I am not sure when it will online, but i suggest that you wait a little bit to have it online (if you have time) and try it.
Roberto

Post by Roberto »

ok, i will try to wait, but my clients need a solution in a few days.

by the way, how can i know that there is a new version of this component?
do you notify the new version in this forum? because in your website there is only a version "2.0", nowehere states the E or G letter version.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

We notifify registered customers about major releases.

If you are not a registered customer you can contact support@amyuni.com and ask them to let you know what the new version of PDF Creator Net is online.

Also if you need it urgently you can ask them to send you an evaluation version of version 2.0g of the .Net Control.

Hope this helps.
DarylBlowes

Also causes issues with System.IO namespace

Post by DarylBlowes »

I also am having the same problem ... many times in my coding I will use a function from the System.IO namespace ... as soon as I added a reference to the Creator library my code lit up with errors stating that xxx is not a member of IO. This is a big problem for anyone who uses simple functions like IO.Path.... or IO.File...