Redraw Is Slow

The PDF Creator .NET Library enables you to create secure PDF documents on the fly and to view, print and process existing PDF documents. If you have any questions about PDF Creator .Net, please post them here.
jnadler

Redraw Is Slow

Post by jnadler »

I've got the evaluation version on a form. It's docked to the form so that when the form resizes so does the Creator .NET control.

When I resize the form + Creator, I can see a tiny delay as the Creator redraws. As I drag the form larger it's a fraction of a second behind. No big deal. This is with no document loaded.

Then I load a document and try the same resize. It is taking 10-12 seconds to redraw, and this results in a poor user experience.

Is this a known issue? Is there anything I can do to improve this performance?

Thanks,

Jeff
Jose
Amyuni Team

Post by Jose »

Hello Jeff,

The situation you are encountering in not how the PDF Creator.Net typically behaves.

I order to narrow down the cause of your situation; I suggest that you send us (support@amyuni.com) a copy of the PDF document you are trying to open. We will take a look at it and we'll post the results.

Hope this helps?
jnadler

Post by jnadler »

Thanks Jose.

I've sent the document as you requested. Please let me know what you find. This document does seem to redraw slower than others. If it helps, this is a 1.4Ghz Pentium M laptop with 1Gb of memory.

-Jeff
jnadler

Post by jnadler »

Any progress on the slow redraw? In other respects your component is a strong candidate for use in our project. We'd like to see this problem resolved, however.

Thanks,

Jeff
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

When sending an issue to support@amyuni.com, our Technical Support team will be checking your issue. If you want to follow up please send an e-mail to support@amyuni.com to get a feedback on your support request because the person who is working on your issue may not not necessarly be checking the forum.

Thanks.
jnadler

Post by jnadler »

Thanks Joan, I have written to the support address as you suggest.

Jeff
jameslast

Post by jameslast »

Hello,

I tried the component. as we only want to use it as a pdf-viewer. this performance issues are very bad.

compared by other viewers this controls seems to lack in redrawing. this occures by setting the zoomfactor or switching the pages by the integrated statusbar. Scrolling the document seems to be acceplable.

This issues occur with small (<60kb) pdf files created by amyuni pdf-converter.

Is there anything to do abot. Was the support able to help you, jnadler?

Thank you.
Regards
jnadler

Post by jnadler »

We still have problems with slow redraw. Our users are frustrated, but there is nothing that I can do to improve the performance of the Amyuni component.

On faster computers it is acceptable. We find that some documents redraw quickly while others are very slow.
jameslast

Post by jameslast »

Hello jnadler,

thank you very much for this information.

I think the bad performance could come from .net itself. I think we will switch/buy an com-component. thats not managed, but the speed is pretty good.

Thank you again!

regards,
james