error: Policy not being applied to reference at this time

If you are a C/C++/C# developer and have any questions about using our products from your application here is the place to post them.
Simon

error: Policy not being applied to reference at this time

Post by Simon »

Does anyone know what this error is?

Line 196: <add assembly="System.EnterpriseServices, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
Line 197: <add assembly="System.Web.Mobile, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
Line 198: <add assembly="*"/>
Line 199: </assemblies>
Line 200: </compilation>

Source File: c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Config\machine.config Line: 198

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'Interop.CDIntfEx' could not be loaded.

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: DisplayName = Interop.CDIntfEx
(Partial)
LOG: Appbase = file:///d:/wwwroot
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin
Calling assembly : (Unknown).
===

LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind).
LOG: Post-policy reference: Interop.CDIntfEx
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/root/fbc9e0d1/6cb7a216/Interop.CDIntfEx.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/root/fbc9e0d1/6cb7a216/Interop.CDIntfEx/Interop.CDIntfEx.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///d:/wwwroot/bin/Interop.CDIntfEx.DLL.
LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind).
LOG: Post-policy reference: Interop.CDIntfEx, Version=2.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Jose
Amyuni Team

Post by Jose »

Hello,

I suspect that the dll possibly can not be found by the Framework. Can you elaborate what your web add does? Are you trying to print from a mobile .asp site to your sever?

Thanks
Simon

Post by Simon »

Its an asp.net site. It uses Amyuni to do things like, create thumbnails, pdf pagecounts etc.
Usually it works fine, but occasionally I get this error after a recompile. Rebooting always sorts it out, but its obviously slowing down development.
To me it looks like something else is locking the dll, but I would expect .net to manage all the disposing etc.
Any ideas would be appreciated.