Developer Version of PDF Converter used as shared Printer

If you are a C/C++/C# developer and have any questions about using our products from your application here is the place to post them.
wolfgangwinkler

Developer Version of PDF Converter used as shared Printer

Post by wolfgangwinkler »

We are just testing the evaluation Version of PDF Converter 2.10d with our C++-Application and everythings works fine, when the App is using the Amyuni PDF Printer installed on the Client. In many cases our customers installing the app only on the server and want to use the Amyuny PDF Printer installed on the Server as Shared Printer.
My Environment is:
NT or Win2K-Server (i tried both for testing) with the Amyuni PDF Printer installed with install.exe as Admin and shared to all user with full rights.
All the API-Calls from DriverInit to Enableprinter returning succesfull operation but the StartDoc Call returns an Error on the shared printer. This call works fine if im selecting the Amyuni PDF Printer installed on the WinXP-Client.
Can anyone give me a hint what I'm doing wrong or does the evaluation copy fail as shared printer. The Q&A and feature description from Amyuni tells me that it should work with an Developer Version.
Thank for all help
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

Please check the following post, it may help: http://www.amyuni.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... ed+printer

If you are still facing any problems please let us know.

Have a nice day !
wolfgangwinkler

Evaluation Licensekey for Printer sharing

Post by wolfgangwinkler »

Thank you, but I already read this Post you gave me the link and I`m thinking my SourceCode is doing all correct. It seems to me the Enabling of the Printer driver does not really enabling the printer, althoug there is no ErrorCode returned by the function.
So there is the problem how can I evaluate this functionality - can I get a correct license key or should this functionality work with my evalution copy.

In Addition there is also a new problem. For further tests I tried to share my local installed Amyuni Printer which works fine. But after pressing OK in the printer sharing dialog the Spool-Subsystems terminating abnormally and wants to send a report to Microsoft. The OS is WinXP Prof Service Pack 1. The same behaviour occours on my TestServer Win2K Service Pack 3.
There I installed the Amyuni Printer as following:
Every step is done as Admin with full rights.
1. Copying all distributable Files (including install.exe) to a temporary folder on the server.
2. Starting install.exe
3. Entering the License Information under the Printer-Properties with the Button on the Amyuni Tech Tab

Reault: Everything seems to be ok and the driver works if I'm using my App direct on the server, but i can't share the driver.

Please help quick as this is the last problem with your software and want to buy it as soon as all (including setup on server and use as shared printer) works with the evaluation copy.

Awaiting hopefully good news - I Thanks a lot to all repliers

P.S. I hope you apologize my poor english - but I think it's better as posting in german.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

Please send the below details to Suppor@amyuni.com so our Technical Support Engineers can check this issue and get back to you.

Thanks.