LoadLibrary with x64 dll fails with error code 193

If you are a C/C++/C# developer and have any questions about using our products from your application here is the place to post them.
brackenb5

LoadLibrary with x64 dll fails with error code 193

Post by brackenb5 »

I have created an c++ com dll which uses LoadLibrary to load cdintf400.dll. I am currently testing this on a 64 bit machine under both IE7 32 bit and IE7 64 bit. I have compiled two dlls. One compiled as x86 for the 32 bit version of IE and one as x64 for the 64 bit version of IE. The 32 bit version works fine but when I run the 64 bit version I get error code 193 when calling LoadLibrary. This error code suggests your dll is not a valid win32 application. Do you have any idea why this does not work or do you have a work around?
Devteam

Re: LoadLibrary with x64 dll fails with error code 193

Post by Devteam »

You cannot load the 32-bit CDINTF from a 64-bit application or DLL. We are currently testing a 64-bit version of CDINTF which should be available by end of September.
Amyuni Development Team

Efficient and accurate conversion to PDF, XPS, PDF/A and more. Free trials at - https://www.amyuni.com
brackenb5

Re: LoadLibrary with x64 dll fails with error code 193

Post by brackenb5 »

Thanks for the update. How confident are you that you will done with the 64 bit version by end of September? I have a deadline that is approaching to make this work from 64 bit IE and if you don't think it will be ready by the end of the month I will need to consider loading your dll using a surrogate process and IPC.