Poor image quality after printing XPS to PDF

If you are a C/C++/C# developer and have any questions about using our products from your application here is the place to post them.
dpc

Poor image quality after printing XPS to PDF

Post by dpc »

I am currently using Pdf Converter 4.0 to programmatically print out our XPS documents to pdf. The XPS documents have a number of BitmapSource's embedded in them. The conversion is working fine and at first glance all seems well. However if the pdf is 'zoomed in' to approx 300% or greater, the image quality becomes noticeably poorer than that of the original XPS document, when zoomed to a similar level. I have experimented with changing various properties on the CDIntfExClass , e.g. Resolution, JPEGCompression, but none seem to have the desired effect.

It is important that we maintain the same level of detail we have in the XPS document after conversion to PDF, so any help on resolving this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dave
Joan
Amyuni Team

Re: Poor image quality after printing XPS to PDF

Post by Joan »

Please don't use Jpeg Compression and use a resolution of 600 dpi or above. Please note that you need to call SetDefaultConfig() after changing the resolution or other configuration settings for the new settings to take effect.
Custom Brand the Amyuni PDF Printer Driver http://www.amyuni.com/en/developer/branding/index.html

Amyuni PDF Converter tested for true PDF performance. View results - http://www.amyuni.com/benchmark
dpc

Re: Poor image quality after printing XPS to PDF

Post by dpc »

Hi Joan, Thanks for the quick response.
The properties i'm currently setting are

Code: Select all

CDIntfEx.CDIntfExClass printer = new CDIntfEx.CDIntfExClass();
                printer.Resolution = 1200;
                printer.JPEGCompression = false;
                printer.ImageOptions = 0x40;
                printer.SetDefaultConfig();
But i'm still getting the poor image quality in the Pdf. It looks like there is some downsampling going on with the images, even though it's being explicitly turned off via the ImageOptions value.
I have examples of the original XPS document and the converted PDF if you'd like a look. I've tried to attach but the file is too large. Do you have an email address I can mail them to?
I appreciate your help with this issue.

Thanks

Dave