What are acpdfcrext.dll, acXMLParser.dll, acpdfcrdb.dll?

If you are a C/C++/C# developer and have any questions about using our products from your application here is the place to post them.
sprezzatura

What are acpdfcrext.dll, acXMLParser.dll, acpdfcrdb.dll?

Post by sprezzatura »

We are using the Developer version 3.0 of Converter. Your documentation does not mention acpdfcrext.dll, acXMLParser.dll, acpdfcrdb.dll as being required for installation, so we do not include them in our Install set.

Yet when we try to install, we get an error message that 'acXMLParser' cannot be found.

What other components do we need?

Thanks.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

acXMLParser.dll is used internally by the PDF Converter, it should come with your installation files, if you don't have it please check with our Technical Support support@amyuni.com about this.

acpdfcrext.dll and acpdfcrdb.dll are needed for the PDF Creator to use extra fucntions likeadding bookmarksor to connect to a database.

Hope this helps.
lp

Re: What are acpdfcrext.dll, acXMLParser.dll, acpdfcrdb.dll?

Post by lp »

So the "Common Driver interface.pdf" document isn't up to date, at least regarding the "list of distributable files"...?
What is the correct list, then? In other words, which are the files I should include if I'm going to use the "programmatic printer configuration" approach (that is, not using the provided install.exe)?
Thank you!
Joan
Amyuni Team

Re: What are acpdfcrext.dll, acXMLParser.dll, acpdfcrdb.dll?

Post by Joan »

Hell Lp,

The original post and my reply are 1 year old, since then the documentation of the PDF Converter has changed and acXMLParser.dll is not shipped anymore with the PDF Creator.

The dlls mentioned in the subject of this thread are for the PDF Creator and not the PDF Converter. "Common Driver Interface 300.pdf" is the latest documentation for the PDF Converter.

Here is an extract of Common Driver Interface about the distributable files needed for each Operating System.
The application’s main directory is usually where the executable file is located. The list of distributable files is as follows:
Windows 98/Me: acfpdf.drv
Windows NT4: acfpdf.dll, acfpdfnt.dll
Windows 2000/XP/2003 32-bits: acfpdfu.dll, acfpdfui.dll
Windows XP/2003 64-bits, AMD 64 based: acfpdfuamd64.dll, acfpdfuiamd64.dll
Windows XP/2003 64-bits, IA 64 based: acfpdfuia64.dll, acfpdfuiia64.dll
Common to all versions: cdintf.dll, install.exe, acfpdf.txt
xmllite.dll is needed for all versions of Windows other than Vista if you are going to generate XPS files in your application.

Hope this helps.
Custom Brand the Amyuni PDF Printer Driver http://www.amyuni.com/en/developer/branding/index.html

Amyuni PDF Converter tested for true PDF performance. View results - http://www.amyuni.com/benchmark