GDI+ Question

If you are a C/C++/C# developer and have any questions about using our products from your application here is the place to post them.
sprezzatura

GDI+ Question

Post by sprezzatura »

Hello.

Our development environment is Visual C++ 6.0 using Amyuni 2.50fImage

Next we have a screen capture from the PDF that is generated:

As you can see the generated PDF has some issues. Each state in the map is drawn using GDI+ polygon fill, but the polygons are not clipped. In addition the polygon fill colors are not correct. We apply transparency to these colors, but this is lost in the generated PDF.

Is GDI+ supported witb Amyuni? Is there a new driver available?

I look forward to your response.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

I suggest that you try using Postscript Simulation when converting your document to PDF and i beleive this will give you better output. For more information on using Postscript simulation programmatically please check our Developers'manual "Common Driver Interface 250.pdf"

For the PDF Converter version, our latest release is 2.51-b but i don't think you will need to upgrade to the latest release to get this picture issue resolved.
sprezzatura

Post by sprezzatura »

Thank you very much for your speedy response. Unfortunately, setting the post script simulation 'on' did not improve the PDF output at all. The produced output is the same with the option turned on/off.

Are GDI+ polygon fill operations supported with PDF Converter? What other options are available to improve the output of our PDF's?

You assistance with this problem is greatly appreciated.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

Did you try our latest version 2.51-b?

I beleive that Postscript Simulation should help with GDI+, would it be possible for you to try this with the new demo version?

If this didn't help please send a message to support@amyuni.com
Andy Bantly

PDF output is different than CView

Post by Andy Bantly »

I have found that using a 3rd party tool, such as Ghostscript, will resolve programmatic issues over bug issues. I suggest installing a ghostscript virtual PDF printer and printing your output to this printer. If the output is valid then that means you are not configuring your AMYUni PDF printer properly. Sometimes you will have issues with the cacheing of bitmaps and how printers deal with them.