Detect when user stops using a tool?

If you are a C/C++/C# developer and have any questions about using our products from your application here is the place to post them.
beandog

Detect when user stops using a tool?

Post by beandog »

Is there a way to detect when a user stops using a specific tool? For instance, our application automatically enters annotation mode when the user clicks on our "highlighter" toolbar button. We would like to return to Run mode when they finish using the tool. They can do this either through our interface or through yours. If they create a highlight and then right-click the document, it returns to the arrow tool. Is there a way to detect this?
Jose
Amyuni Team

Post by Jose »

Hello,

You need to elborate on what you mean by "finish using the tool". You could handle the "MouseUp" event?
beandog

Post by beandog »

I mean, I need to detect any time that the active tool changes from one tool to another. For instance, I need to know about it if a user was using the highlighter tool but has changed to the arrow tool.
Jose
Amyuni Team

Post by Jose »

Hello,

You should look at the ActivateObject event.

This event is fired when the user double-clicks on an object, moves the cursor to that object or right-clicks and selects “Activate object”. This event is also fired when an object is dragged on to the document.

The calling application can determine what object was activated by processing this event.

Hope this helps?