Terminal Server printing PDF To Printer

If you are a C/C++/C# developer and have any questions about using our products from your application here is the place to post them.
tdreher

Terminal Server printing PDF To Printer

Post by tdreher »

Hello,

we have a problem with a citrix server on windows 2003. We use amyuni 2.10 converter, creator suite. There is no problem with the creation of the PDF but the the printing to the printer does not work. We use a program like PDFViewerSample to show the pdf and later the user clicks on print.

i tried both forms:

print doc with the function Sub DoCommandTool(Id As CommandToolConstants)
print doc with the function Sub Print(PrinterName As String, Prompt As Long)
see documentation "PDF Creator Developer Manual.pdf".

There is no problem with normal local printers but the maped printers to local printers on citrix don't work. After selecting a printer and after starting the print job i get an empty messagebox. i also tried to catch the exception with

try
{
pdfView->m_pdfControl.Print("HP LaserJet 4050 Series PCL 6", false);
}
catch (CException *e) or this COleException
{
e->Delete();
}

There is no errorcode or text in the exception. The same situation happens if i call
Print("blabla", false) with an invalid printer. MessageBox with no text. Printing with word over the same printer is ok. :wink:

Does anybody have a solution for this ?

I also don't know how to catch the events from printing in C (Event PrintPage(PageNumber As Long, Continue As Long)) . I think, i have to use the _IPDFCreactiveXEvents interface. Are there any examples like the PDFViewerSample demo in MFC ?

Thomas