Printing Issues with C# and PDF Creator 2.00d

If you are a C/C++/C# developer and have any questions about using our products from your application here is the place to post them.
RobertL

Printing Issues with C# and PDF Creator 2.00d

Post by RobertL »

Hello Everyone.

I recently started using PDF Creator to view and print documents in a large .NET application that is getting ready for release, and have been pretty happy with the performance overall. However, I was wondering if anyone else has had a problem with garbled printing to certain printers?

Printing the same simple pdf with some text and a couple of images, i get the following results on these different printers:

HP Laserjet 8000: Fonts replaced by black squares, and an entire group of images replaced by a large solid black square.

DECLaser 5100: Similar to the LaserJet 8000

HP Laserjet 5L: Second page prints as if I started to rip the page out of the printer while it was printing about halfway down, but then prints the bottom of the second page just fine at the bottom of a 3rd, otherwise blank page.

Lanier 2138 Color Laser: Prints normally.

HP Laserjet 1150: Prints normally

I am encouraged that, while this is a small sample of printer models, it seems to function okay on newer model printers, but my users use a wide variety of printers, so I'd still like to try to get to the bottom of this.

Has anyone else experienced similar printing issues?

Thanks for any insight you can provide.
Jose
Amyuni Team

Post by Jose »

Hello,

Can you send a sample of the PDF document you are trying to print to support@amyuni.com?

We'll take a look at what we find and post the results.
RobertL

Post by RobertL »

Jose,

I sent you the PDF some time ago, because in addition to the printing issue I mention in this post, it also does not display correctly on the screen. I have still not heard back from support in regard to that issue. I will send another email to support referencing this post.

Thanks