How-to Detect if document is in PDF format?

If you are a C/C++/C# developer and have any questions about using our products from your application here is the place to post them.
RUNTIME

How-to Detect if document is in PDF format?

Post by RUNTIME »

Hi all,

My objective is quite simple, but I'm having trouble trying to find a sample code to work with. What I'm looking for is a mathod or methods to detect/determine if the document that is being passed to Amyuni driver is in PDF.

Why you ask?
My Users use a lot of applications (From MS Word to Adobe Acrobat and some other home grown apps) but what I'm trying to avoid is having a document that is in PDF already get "Re-rendered" by Amyuni. You know as much as I do that users want it as simple as possible so.. I'm looking for something that simply detects if the file is in PDF and if it is Amyuni can just leave it alone and pass it to the appropiate directory for the users to open in PDF reader.

Can someone provide some sample codes that would detect the header of the document? (You know, just like opening a PDF file in a Notepad and reading the header where it says PDF 1.3 or whatever)

Or what is the best way to detect if the file is in PDF?

truely appreciate your inputs :)

ramie
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

I will add here the reply you got to your other post just in case somebody come across this post and needs the same information:
http://www.amyuni.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1378

Please don't cross post your messages.

Thanks.