IDispatch Error # 1801

If you are a VB developer and have questions about using our products from VB, here is the place to post them.
leo_herrera

IDispatch Error # 1801

Post by leo_herrera »

Hey guys! I hope that you can help me....

I am using the PDF Converter Library (cdintf.dll) in my VB 6 project. And on the runtime, wen i call the method that converts the file, a get an error like the title of the post (IDispatch Error # 1801). Anybody knows why this occurs?

Thanks for help and sorry for my english.

[] Leandro Herrera.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

This error means that the printer name is invalid (you can look for the error meanings in the Windows error look up too that you get in general with Visual Studio)

To overcome this issue please check that the printer name you are using in your application is the same as the PDF Printer installed in your system.

If you are using version 2.1 of the PDF Converer please check that you are calling EnablePrinter() right before your PrintOut() command.

Hope this helps.
leo_herrera

Thanks

Post by leo_herrera »

Joan, it makes sense and can really be happened. But i can't test this anymore. I reinstall the Amyuni PDF Converter, and for while, my application is working very well. I thought that the problem was the unregistering of the component.

Thank you so much for your help.