Format issue with Fields - PDF Creator

If you are a VB developer and have questions about using our products from VB, here is the place to post them.
sureshk3

Format issue with Fields - PDF Creator

Post by sureshk3 »

I have created a Field in a PDF document with the Datatype as Date.
I have a selected a Format for like dd\m\yyyy. Now in compile mode when i try to enter text instead of date field and tabbed out, It did not show the typed Text , which makes sense because its not in the format defined for that field but when I goback to that field by clicking on it. it displays the Text which was entered before.

Why is this happening? Isit an issue?
Thanks in advance
suresh
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello Suresh,

A field has two properties a value and a text. The text property is the text you enter in this field at design time or when editing the field. The value property is the text that appears in the field at run time.

What is happening with you is normal: when entering text in the date field, this text doesn't display as the field value because it doesn't correspond to the field format but this text exists.

If you create a field and in design mode you enter the word 'Date' in the field and format it to contain a date. At run mode you will see the word 'Date' in the field.
sureshk3

hello Joan

Post by sureshk3 »

Hi joan
I understand what you are sayin. OK, I have created a Date field like u said and format I have set the date format like dd\m\yyyy. Now , when I enter a date exactly like 04/05/2004 and tab it becomes 04\5\2004. Thats fine, then I went to that field and changed it to "aaaaaaaaaaaa" and tabbed out, this time it didnt retain the value that 's also fine. but when I goback to that field why is it retaining this incorrect value cuz this is a wrong format entered on that field right? If that's how its designed then it should have the value even when its tabbed out ,right?
Please let me if you if its not clear.
Thanks
Suresh
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

I understand what you mean, but I can't know if this is a design issue or not. Please send this request to support@amyuni.com and they will be able to help you much more than me.

Thanks.