PDFDriverInit problem

If you are a VB developer and have questions about using our products from VB, here is the place to post them.
Sheryl Nichols

PDFDriverInit problem

Post by Sheryl Nichols »

After viewing the other msgs on this subject, I still have a problem using PDFDriverInit. I've made sure all the reqd files are in my app's directory. Here's the weird thing. If I run 'install.exe SomePrinter', it will install SomePrinter fine. I can then run 'PDFDriverInit AnotherPrinter' within code and it will install AnotherPrinter perfectly. If I remove SomePrinter, the 'PDFDriverInit AnotherPrinter' code will fail.

Any suggestions? (I know, I know, I can use 'install.exe' upfront but looking for a way to keep this printer off the list once my app is finished)
:shock:
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Sheryl,

Before installing SomePrinter and AnotherPrinter, do you have initially any printer installed on your system?

What version of the PDF Converter are you currently using?

Thanks.
Sheryl Nichols

PDFDriverInit problem

Post by Sheryl Nichols »

Yes, I have 3 other printers installed.

The version on the DLL is 2.1.0.5.

Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello Sheryl,

PDFDriverInit() will fail in two cases:

1 - If you are logging to the system as a 'User' and not as 'Administrator'. This applies to Windows NT, 2000 and XP.
Under these operating systems you need administrative rights to install a printer and so you need administrative rights to run PDFDriverInit().

2 - If some of the needed files are missing from the application directory.

As you are using version 2.10 of the PDF Converter than you will need to call EnbalePrinter() right after PDFDriverInit() and and when catching the EnablePre event (right before each print out) in your code. If the call to EnablePrinter is missing than you will not be able to use the PDF Printer.

Hope this helps !