Merge several Word-Docs into one PDF-Document

If you are a VB developer and have questions about using our products from VB, here is the place to post them.
minibootsmann

Merge several Word-Docs into one PDF-Document

Post by minibootsmann »

Hi,

I actually use Win2PDF for a VBA-macro which converts 2 word documents into one pdf-file. My customer now wants to use the amyuni pdf converter, but I have no idea how to change my macro to work with the new pdf-printer. Here is the code I use to generate my result using Win2PDF:

SaveSetting "Dane Prairie Systems", "Win2PDF", "PDFFileName", "C:\TMP1.pdf"
Documents.Open FileName:="TEST1.DOC"
ActiveDocument.ActiveWindow.PrintOut
ActiveDocument.Close

SaveSetting "Dane Prairie Systems", "Win2PDF", "PDFAppendFile", "C:\TMP1.pdf"
SaveSetting "Dane Prairie Systems", "Win2PDF", "PDFFileName", "C:\RESULT.pdf"
Documents.Open FileName:="TEST2.DOC"
ActiveDocument.ActiveWindow.PrintOut
ActiveDocument.Close

Is there any similar method with the amyuni pdf converter? I downloaded the developer demo version, but the description is absolutely different from what I use in my VBA-macros.

I really appreciate your help in this!

Thank you in advance and best whishes,
Helmut
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

Please download our Access technical note from: http://www.amyuni.com/en/support/technotes.html

The code is in VBA and you will be able to have a sample on printing Word documents to pdf.

Hope this helps :!:
minibootsmann

Post by minibootsmann »

Hello Joan,

thank you for the hint, the macro is working, but the command 'AppendEx' doesn' simply appen a pdf-file to another, it merges the files and messes up the text in the single files. Do you know what's wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Helmut
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

The AppendEx function should concatenate two pdf files that are generated by our driver. It will concatenate files generated by other drivers too but it may not support all files generated by other drivers.
In each new version of our driver we do support a larger number of files generated by other drivers.

Please send the files you are not able to append to support@amyuni.com we will check them and see if we can support them in our new releases.

Thanks.
minibootsmann

Post by minibootsmann »

Hello Joan,

I am converting 4 MS-Word Files to PDF files using the Amyuni PDF-Converter. These PDF-files shall be concatenated to one file. I don't use any other formats or converters. If it helps, I can send you the Word-File with the Macro and the 4 test-files which have to be merged.

Best regards,
Helmut
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hi,

If you can send the files to support@amyuni.com we will check them more closely and will get back to you.

Have a nice day !