"Expected end of color space" Error after setting

If you are a VB developer and have questions about using our products from VB, here is the place to post them.
ixm7

"Expected end of color space" Error after setting

Post by ixm7 »

Using Crystal Reports objects I export a report to pdf (that phase doesn't use Amyuni). I then use the Common Driver Interface (cdintf210.dll) to set the properties of the pdf file:
-------------------------------------------
Dim pdfdoc As New CDIntfEx.Document

pdfdoc.Open (DiskFileName)
pdfdoc.Title = Main_Form.gs_ReportTitle
pdfdoc.Author = Main_Form.gs_ReportAuthor
pdfdoc.Subject = Main_Form.gs_ReportSubject

pdfdoc.Save (DiskFileName)
Set pdfdoc = Nothing
-------------------------------------------

Note: the document properties always get set just fine accoding to the code above.

The modified PDF file opens perfectly with PDF files that were exported from Crystal 9. However, with PDF files that were exported from Crystal 8.5, if they also contain charts, I get the following error message when opening the PDF file in Acrobat Reader:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Acrobat Reader
There was an error processing a page. Expected end of color space.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
The charts are then missing in the PDF file.

I don't get this behavior if I don't set the document properties using the Common Driver Interface (cdintf210.dll).

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Note: the pdf files exported from CR 9.0 are much smaller than the ones exported from CR 8.5.

Many Thanks,
- Ido
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

We don't have much control over the files generated from Crystal Report.

You can use the Document Interface of CDintf to open all pdf files generated by our driver and most of the files generated by other drivers. But it may happen that our control will not support some of the files generated by other drivers. I guess this is he situation with your files generated by Crystal Report 8.5

Hope this helps.
ixm7

Post by ixm7 »

Thanks, Joan.