Problem plotting on PDF form

If you are a VB developer and have questions about using our products from VB, here is the place to post them.
hkron

Problem plotting on PDF form

Post by hkron »

I have an app that will open a PDF file, plot a set of points on it, then save the PDF on another name. This app will work on all but one PDF file. I think that it may have something to do with the PDF file itself. I scanned another document into a HP scanner - the HP scanner creates a PDF file. I tried to use that PDF file, but the PDF converter would not even display the file.

Now here's a chuckle... I wrote another app to temporarily plot the points on the same PDF file, and THAT app works!

Does anyone know if there are limitations on the type of PDF files Amyuni will support? Is there something I can do to find out what kind/version/release of PDF created these files?

Has anyone had this kind of problem before?

[/quote]
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

You mentioned the PDF Converter, are you using the PDF Convert to convert your document to PDF or to open and view the pdf file?

The pdf files can be viewed in the PDF Creator and not the PDF Converter.

Please tell us which version of the PDF Converter and or PDF Creator are you using?
hkron

Post by hkron »

I am using the PDF Suite. I am using the Converter to Open and Save the PDF. I view it in Adobe Reader 6.0 (which is what the client uses.)

I have gotten to a next step. I send multipel plot points. Inside the app I call the function ot plot the points on the form. Here a code snippet:
With frmChartMaker.PDFMaker
acDot = "acDot" & Trim(Str(x))
.CreateObject acObjectTypeFrame, acDot
.ObjectAttribute(acDot, "Top") = yPoint - GlngSize
.ObjectAttribute(acDot, "Bottom") = yPoint + GlngSize
.ObjectAttribute(acDot, "Left") = xPoint - GlngSize
.ObjectAttribute(acDot, "Right") = xPoint + GlngSize
.ObjectAttribute(acDot, "Backcolor") = glngDotColor
.ObjectAttribute(acDot, "FillStyle") = 1
End With
You can see I may have multiple points. Now, to test, I put a Save command right after the last objectattribute to see if the point gets saved, like so:
With frmChartMaker.PDFMaker
acDot = "acDot" & Trim(Str(x))
.CreateObject acObjectTypeFrame, acDot
.ObjectAttribute(acDot, "Top") = yPoint - GlngSize
.ObjectAttribute(acDot, "Bottom") = yPoint + GlngSize
.ObjectAttribute(acDot, "Left") = xPoint - GlngSize
.ObjectAttribute(acDot, "Right") = xPoint + GlngSize
.ObjectAttribute(acDot, "Backcolor") = glngDotColor
.ObjectAttribute(acDot, "FillStyle") = 1
.Save sTestPath & "test" & Trim(Str(x)) & ".pdf", 1
End With

I tested this with four points. The first point was not drawn in the test documetns, but the other three were. Then when I saved the final document, it only showed the three points. It is as if the first save doesn't include the first point.

I just figured out a workaround - I open the file, save it under the new name, plot the points, then save it again under the same new name, and I get all my points.

Why? Please note I am using the "1" as a parameter on the Save. Is that the cause?
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

I meant to ask which version of the PDF Creator you are using, is it version 2.0 , 2.0d or other versions?

If you are using earlier version please try our latest 2.0d.

I don't think using the Save option 1 has to do anything with that but try to use 0 (save all) to see what will happen.

If you want a quick resolution of this issue please contact support@amyuni.com

Thanks.
hkron

Post by hkron »

I just installed 2.0d, and still had the problem -the workaround is that I save it as soon as I open it, then add the dots, then save it at the end. It works that way.