Saving high resolution PDF

If you are a VB developer and have questions about using our products from VB, here is the place to post them.
polcus

Saving high resolution PDF

Post by polcus »

Hi,
i am currently using a software that converts PCL to PDF, with either a 300dpi or 600dpi for the output file.
When i open this PDF, create an object and then save it with Amyuni document creator, the file is corrupted in the following particular case :arrow:

the output resolution file is set to 600dpi, and the number of pages is important (greater than around 50 pages, maybe less).

Notice that when the output resolution is set to 300dpi, all works fine, even with a large document.

The file saved by Amyuni document creator is readable, but half pages are missing, and acrobat returns an error when you try to reach a missing page...

I tried to use the function save page by page, clearing memory each time a page is saved but the problem remains identical.

Im using 2.50 document creator with developper pro version.

If you can help me it would be great,
Polcus
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

I don't think the resolution has anything to do in this case.

Please try to convert exactly the same document that is generating an error when converted with 600dpi using 300 dpi. Than open the output in the Creator, save it and open it again in Acrobat Reader. Will you get the same missing pages?
polcus

Post by polcus »

As i already say, there is no problem when i open and save a 300dpi document using the converter.
By the way, there is also no problem when i just open and save a 600dpi document using the converter : it happens only when i open a 600dpi PDF, create an object, and then save the document.

My purpose is to open a PDF, put an object 'page n°x' on the bottom of each page, then save the document.

Let me be more precisely about the error : pages aren't exactly missing, the total number of page is correct, but they aren't displayed in a correct way (blank page or only the border). I also notice that the rendering becomes very slow, as if acrobat was unable to properly read the PDF.

If you want to try, can i send to you one 300dpi document and one 600dpi document ?

Thanks for your help
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

Yes please, send us a 300 dpi and a 600 dpi file along whith the process you are following to edit the files so we can reproduce this issue here.

You can send your samples to europe.support@amyuni.com

Thanks.