Converting to PDF (Printing) Entire Excel Workbook to PDF

If you are a VB developer and have questions about using our products from VB, here is the place to post them.
RobertAffleck

Converting to PDF (Printing) Entire Excel Workbook to PDF

Post by RobertAffleck »

I have the follow peculiar situation:
Scenario 1
Workbook with 11 sheets (Sheet 1 thru Sheet11). I do a oWorkbook.Printout from a VB .dll I get a PDF with sheets 2 thru 11, but it is missing sheet 1. (During the "printout" it looks like it is printing sheet 1 but I don't get it in the final resulting .pdf) (Unexpected result - missing a sheet!)

Scenario 2
Workbook with 1 sheet (copy of file above, but with Sheets 2 thru 11 deleted). oWorkbook.PrintOut from a VB .dll I get a PDF with all of sheet 1 created. (Expected results - success!)

What is going on? Using version 2.1.0.9 of driver
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

Is this happening with all Excel files having multiple pages or only with this specific PDF?

If you are printing all the document than there is not reason for the first page to be missing, are you specifying a page range while printing?

Are you using the latest 2.10i-8 version of the PDF Converter?
polcus

More information

Post by polcus »

Hi,

i currently have the same problem than RobertAffleck, but i notice that this is happening only with files created with a particular release of Excel : Excel 2002 SP3. I tested with some files created with other Excel (Excel97,2000,2002 with no SP) and it works : all the pages are printed... Maybe Joan can tell Amyuni if they could reproduce this case ??

Im using latest version of PDF Converter. (2.10 - 8)

Thanks you
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello Polcus,

Our latest version is not 2.10 anymore, it is 2.50 :-)

Concerning printing from Excel, if you do print your same report from Excel 2002 SP3 to a physical printer and to the PDF Printer, will you get the same result in both cases? (ie will the first page not print print?)

Another issue to try: when printing your document please try to be at the first sheet, first cell and then launch the printing, will you still get the first page missing?
polcus

Info

Post by polcus »

Hi,
i think that the problem comes from Excel (all version in fact).
Each sheet keeps in memory his printing resolution. For example, sheet 1 has 300 printing resolution, and sheets 2 to 10 have 600 printing resolution.

When you use the command PrintOut, even if you see only one document in Amyuni PDF Converter printer, Excel creates two job : one for the first page with 300 resolution, and a second one for the rest.

In conclusion, you only get the sheets 2 to 10... before printing, all sheets have to be set to the same printing resolution.

Hope this helps,
Polcus