PDF on EAServer

If you are a Power Builder developer and have any questions about using our products from Power Builder here is the place to post them.
jcai

PDF on EAServer

Post by jcai »

I am using PowerBuilder (8.0), EAServer(4.2) and Amyuni PDF Converter (2.0.6) and just got some good luck to create PDF file from PB datawindow based report on EAServer.

It always works fine when it generates the PDF file for the first time, but
when the second run gets kicked off, I got the following error in
Jaguar.log on EAServer:
SystemException: TRANSACTION_ROLLEDBACK
(cp/n_cst_cp_manager_wrapper/of_setcpmanager__SL - jagadmin@10.17.182.220)

cp/n_cst_cp_manager_wrapper/of_setcpmanager() is package from a
PowerBuilder NVO deployed to EAServer.

So I have to shut down my app and and re-log back into app to generate the
second PDF file.

What is wrong?

Thanks.
Jenny
dclayton

Post by dclayton »

Jenny,
It appears as if you are leaving the Jag component in an undesirable state. This could be because the component wasn't released back in to the Jag pool properly, or perhaps because it was corrupted after the first call.

My company has had a lot of success with PB/Jag/Amyuni, (same basic build and release numbers) and has some knowledge on this subject. If you like, please email me with your phone number and I'll call to discuss.

Don Clayton
Intertech Consulting, Inc.
Houston, TX
jcai

PDF on EAServer

Post by jcai »

Hi, Don,

I sent you an email to the following address and please let me know if it is the correct address: 'dclayton@intertech-us.com'.

Thanks.
Jenny

[quote="dclayton"]Jenny,
It appears as if you are leaving the Jag component in an undesirable state. This could be because the component wasn't released back in to the Jag pool properly, or perhaps because it was corrupted after the first call.

My company has had a lot of success with PB/Jag/Amyuni, (same basic build and release numbers) and has some knowledge on this subject. If you like, please email me with your phone number and I'll call to discuss.

Don Clayton
Intertech Consulting, Inc.
Houston, TX[/quote]