PB9 with PDF converter 2.51 demo

If you are a Power Builder developer and have any questions about using our products from Power Builder here is the place to post them.
orjaneil

PB9 with PDF converter 2.51 demo

Post by orjaneil »

I have been using the pdf converter 2.06 with our pb9 app for the last years with success in client-server environment. Lately I installed our pb9 application in a citrix environment and then I couldn't get the pdf converter to print.

I have however heard that the 2.51 driver should work in a citrix environment, but before I buy this driver I need to know if it will work successfully :?

Therefore I have downloaded the demo version of the driver and the technical note for pb for the driver. I have tried to test the demo driver without succes so far.

Can someone give me a easy code example that will work with the demo version so that I can test it with my pb9 application.

TIA

Ørjan
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

The PB code samples are available at in the Powerbuilder technical note. There is a full sample there.

Version 2.50 works in a Citrix environment. Did you add EnablePrinter() to your code?
orjaneil

Post by orjaneil »

I have downloaded the technical note for powerbuilder, and this is what the code says:

PDFPrinter = DriverInit(PrinterName)
//PDFPrinter = PDFDriverInit("Amyuni PDF Converter")

ll_rc = SetResolution (PDFPrinter, 600)
ll_rc = SetDefaultConfig (PDFPrinter)
ll_rc = SetDefaultPrinter (PDFPrinter)
ll_rc = SetDefaultFileName (PDFPrinter, OutputFileDll )
ll_rc = SetFileNameOptions (PDFPrinter, NoPrompt + UseFileName )
ll_rc = EnablePrinter(pdfPrinter,LicensedTo,ActivationCode)

dw_list.print()

ll_rc = SetFileNameOptions (PDFPrinter, 0)
DriverEnd (PDFPrinter)

the ll_rc gets 1 on all of the function calls, I can see that the default printer is set to Amyuni PDF Converter but still the printer that is being used is the printer that it changed from.

I have even tried to set Amyuni as the default printer, even then another printer is used for printing.

If I change the code to use the second code line instead of the first, the Amyuni pdf converter driver simply disapears from the printer list and seems to be deleted as a printer driver.

//PDFPrinter = DriverInit(PrinterName)
PDFPrinter = PDFDriverInit("Amyuni PDF Converter")

Another thing, the code example from the technical note is for the 2.10 driver. I changed the declaring from cdintf210.dll to cdintf251.dll because the cdintf210.dll was not the one installed with the demo version of the printer driver.

If I can't get the demo driver to function correctly how can I get the licensed driver to work fine? I have some customers that need to be able to save to pdf in a windows 2003 citrix farm environment, will the normal 2.50 driver work there?
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

Both the demo and the release version would work properly with Powerbuilder 9 under Citrix.

Yes the technical note is for version 2.10 of the Converter but the same would apply to version 2.50.

Printing from Powerbuilder 9 and 8 however is a little bit different than printing from older versions of PB. starting Powerbuilder 8 the default windows printer is ignored and you have to use a new PB8 command (PrintSetPrinter) to set the print destination for the PDF Printer.

More information:

You can now modify the printer property to point to a particular printer without changing the default printer on the machine. The following example changes the DataWindow printer (but does not affect the system default printer device):
dw_1.Modify ('DataWindow.Printer="My LaserJet 3" ')

Note: From PowerBuilder 8 also you can use:
SetCurrentPrinter - a wrapper for PrintSetPrinter, this function changes the printer for subsequent print jobs executed from the current application session.

Hope this helps.
orjaneil

Post by orjaneil »

I tried the PrintSetPrinter() and the pdf was generated. Thanx a lot!!!

-ø-