PB Upgrade problem

If you are a Power Builder developer and have any questions about using our products from Power Builder here is the place to post them.
jerry

PB Upgrade problem

Post by jerry »

I am trying to upgrade a very old PB app. It run under PB 7. The reason it is running under PB 7 is because all previsous attempts to migrate it resuted in PDFs that were larger than 1 page in size. Whereas they are 1 page in size under PB7.

It is my understanding that resizing the report before convertint it to a PDF has been tried all no avail. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated as the remaining 5 executables must be upgraded to PB 10.5 ASAP.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

I didn't get what is the problem exactly, please restated and let me know which version of the PDF Converter you are using.

Thanks.
jerry

Problem restated

Post by jerry »

With the most current PDF converter I have the following problem when trying to upgrade a PB app. from PB7 to PB 10.5 When run against a report created in PB 7 that 8.5 x 11 the report comes out of pdf creator as 8.5 x 11. However, after upgrading to any newer version of PB the PDF is larger that 8.5 like somewhere in the neghborhood of 9 x 11. Resizing of the report before submitting to PDF conversion has no effect. the resulting PDF is still approximately 9 x 11.

Does that make it clearer?
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Maybe the report was being printed in one format and now it is printed in another format (A4 and letter lets say).

Please check the paper size format of the new printer.

Hope this helps.
jerry

Format change

Post by jerry »

The printer and paper have not changed...... Why would they????? I guess I am confused by the response. I compile the program on PB7 and print to printer X and the report is 8.5 inches wide I compile the program on PB 10.5 and the report is 8.85 inches wide on printer X.

If I don't convert to PDF then it prints out fine as 8.5 x 11 in both cases. But as soon as I convert to PDF when using PB 10.5 it ends up 8.85 x 11!!! Does that sound like a format issue????
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

Please check the following:

- What are the paper settings and margins settings on Printer X.

- What are the document page and margins settings under PB 7

- What are the document page and margins settings under PB 10.5