Javascripts get removed after processing pdfs

The PDF Creator enables you to create secure PDF documents and to view, print and process existing PDF documents.
If you have any questions about the installation and usage of the PDF Creator please post them here.
anshuman82

Post by anshuman82 »

Hi,

I am using PDFCreator to write multiple pdfs and combine them to make one pdf file.

All pdfs that I am using have same javscript which I added in the pdfs using Acrobat Professional 8.0.

This is the javscript that I use for silent printing in all pdf files
this.print({bUI: false, bSilent: true, bShrinkToFit: true});

After the processing is done the combined pdf file doesn't contain the acrobat javascript.

Could you please help me out why javascript is not there in combined/processed file? and what needs to be done to make it working?

I would really appreciate an early response

Regards
Anshuman
Anshuman
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

I will need to check this with our Developers before getting back to you however, a quick workaround would be to Append all the files in one PDF and then add the javascript to your final PDF.

Hope this helps.
anshuman82

Post by anshuman82 »

Hi Joan

Thanks for reply

How do I add Javascripts to a combined(Appended) PDF at runtime as you have suggested in your reply?

I don't have control over the pdf after it is processed because it is displayed to user.
Anshuman
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

I checked this with our Project manager, unfortunately, currently we do not support Javascripts in PDF files. So using our tools you can't at the moment neither preserve javascripts after appending or merging PDF files nor add Javascripts to existing PDF files. However this is an issue we will add to future versions -preserving existing Javascripts when appending or merging pdf files-.

Best Regards